Monday, March 31, 2008

A Day at the Grand Canyon

At about 11am (we never get started too early), we headed for the Grand Canyon for the day. First we went to El Tovar to make dinner reservations...9pm. Rick actually found a parking spot right at the hotel parking lot...we didn't have to walk far after dinner. Rick had shrimp stuffed trout and I had venison ribs.



Lobby of the El Tovar


I think I'll just bore you with many pictures of the Grand Canyon. Every view was awesome.




This is a view of Phantom Ranch down at the bottom of the Canyon. Rick and his friend Andy Glass hiked down there a few years ago. Had to use my big lens to zoom in to see it.







This is the bus we used to see about 12 miles of the canyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breathe taking pictures! I hope one day to see in myself.. maybe after the kids are grown.. haha
Hope you guys are having a great time!