Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Along the Road on the Oregon Coast

All of the following we saw again and again along the way. I've never been in a Tsunami Zone before. At least I was never told that I was there. We lived in Alameda, CA, for 3 years, and never gave it a thought. I lived in Boston for a year and never heard about it, either. Rick was in Pensacola, FL, Glenco, GA and Whidby Island, WA, in training in the Navy, he,also, never heard about it. We honeymooned in Hawaii and still never saw a sign like this.


Beware!


Beware!!


This is the only picture I can find anywhere that says "Super Tent".... and it only says part of it. Now it's in WA and I'm in OH.... maybe I'll remember to take one in Alaska for the next Blog addition. Yes, I'll add it to this one... hopefully as we travel. I'm getting excited!!



I thought Spanish moss was only in the South. This sure looks like it! It was everywhere, on every tree and shrub. Click on pictures to see the 2 kinds of moss.



A different variety of moss was also on every tree and shrub. Click here to see the second type.

No comments: